“I received a very formal engineering degree, but my passion for jewellery has always been hidden somewhere deep inside. I started out learning traditional jewellery design in a small atelier in Istanbul. My teachers were the artisans who were trained by their own family members. This gave me access to family traditions and methods usually passed down from generation to generation. After years of working in the corporate world, and secretly scribbling designs at the back of my notebook during soul stealing meetings, I decided to make a life-changing decision; I moved to the United Kingdom, leaving my career behind to pursue my passion. At first it sounded totally insane to my friends and family however, in the long run it felt very liberating.”
“I believe success comes when you passionately love the work you do. Therefore, it was the inevitable thing for me to do after giving up on my professional career. Making a living on something which you create is quite satisfying in many ways.”
“I’m never without my sketch book which means I’m not confined to four walls. Inspiration can form in the most unlikely of places which means I’m always ready to jot down ideas and concepts. I am inspired by almost anything I see on my travels. It can be a small bee in the park or a beautiful motif on a silk carpet. I am working with a team of fine artisans in my atelier in Turkey to bring my designs to life.”
“Being ethical in sourcing materials is very important to us. We ensure all of our stingray leather and gemstones are sustainably sourced.”
“This year has seen us nominated as a Brand to Watch at the UK Jewellery Awards and an upcoming finalist for Professional Jeweller’s Collections of the Year 2016.”
“I’m proud of everything I have achieved but I am never complacent. We are a boutique jewellery label and wish to remain so. We love pushing the boundaries of design and strive to create timeless statement pieces that will be treasured for years to come. I don’t believe you can ever arrive in terms of creativity and in the future, I would love to collaborate with other designers and artists. Always follow you gut instinct, more often than not it will serve you well.”
Well what a year this is turning out to be... The only vote that really matters, we've been nominated for Professional Jeweller's collection of the year 2016. Menswear Latelita L'homme - Vote below
Anchor & Crew – Dingy
Deakin & Francis – Fundementals
Northskull – Altore
Latelita – L’Homme
Unique & Co – 2016 Leather Bracelets
Great news! You can now shop your favourite Latelita pieces at Fenwick Bond Street. Look out for us in the jewellery room.
With playful use of colour and carefully sourced gemstones, shop the new ss16 collection of statement jewellery.
1. It's an industrial revolution: Chain links, buckles and hardware were seen across the catwalks chanelling mad max post apocalyptic chic. To get the look try our safety pin bracelet in silver SHOP NOW
2. Get all hot under the collar: The structural collar was this springs' hottest look. Make a statement with our stingray necklace.
3. Shoulder dusters: Statement earrings in every shade of the rainbow were featured strongly on the runway. Get the look with our amethyst tassel earrings, part of the aphrodite collection. SHOP HERE
4. Baroque revival: With pearl accents, accessories added a touch of gothic chic. Get the look with our cross ring. SHOP HERE
5. Arm Candy: The bangle is back, either stacked high or worn alone get the look with our galuchat cuffs. SHOP NOW
Ring Size Chart