Fire Up the Grill: The Ultimate Guide to Hosting the Best Summer BBQ
Our ultimate summer BBQ easy dinner
As the sun graces us with its warm, vibrant rays and the days stretch out, it's clear that the blissful season of summer has arrived. And nothing quite encapsulates the spirit of summer like a sizzling, smoke-infused summer BBQ. It's the perfect occasion to gather your friends and family, basking in the great outdoors while indulging in delicious, hearty meals. To help you host the ultimate barbecue dinner, we've curated our top recipes that are not just tantalisingly tasty, but also lean towards the healthier side. So let's fire up that grill and get ready to feast on some BBQ Beef Brisket, Summer Coleslaw, and Grilled Corn on the Cob!
Best BBQ Beef Brisket
- Take a 4kg beef brisket and rub it with a mixture of 2 tablespoons smoked paprika, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 tablespoon pepper.
- Preheat your barbecue to around 150°C. If you're using a charcoal BBQ, this would be a medium heat.
- Place the brisket on the barbecue, and turn it every half hour, for about 6 hours.
- Brush the brisket with your favourite BBQ sauce every time you turn it.
- The brisket is ready when it's tender and the internal temperature reads about 90°C.
- Let it rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl, mix together 400g shredded cabbage, 2 shredded carrots, 1 finely sliced red onion.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the vegetables and the dressing, toss well, and refrigerate for an hour before serving.
Grilled Corn on the Cob
- Preheat your BBQ to high heat.
- Husk 4 ears of corn, brush them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill the corn, turning occasionally, until it is charred and tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with a pat of butter and a sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley.